Dr. Michael has been in private surgical practice since 2005. She received her Bachelors of Science degree at Tulane University in New Orleans where she majored in Cell and Molecular Biology and minored in Psychology. Dr. Michael received a full athletic scholarship to Tulane where she was selected Captain and Most Valuable Player of the women’s tennis team in her senior year.
Dr. Michael received her Doctorate from Doctor Scholl School of Podiatric Medicine in Chicago, Illinois. She served as president of her class during medical school and upon graduation received the Jerry R. Brandt Leadership Award. Her three-year surgical residency was served at Carl T. Hayden VA Hospital in Phoenix, Arizona. During her residency, Dr. Michael received rigorous training in treatment of diabetic foot complications and reconstruction. In the clinic and hospital setting, Dr. Michael sees all ages from pediatric to seniors. Her areas of special interest are: surgical and medical management of the diabetic foot, elective foot surgery and treatment of common foot and ankle problems including heel pain, ingrown toenails, and skin conditions.
- B.S. Cell and Molecular Biology, Minor Psychology, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA – 1998
- Doctorate, Dr. Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine, Chicago, IL – 2002
- Residency, Carl T. Hayden VA Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ – 2002-2005
- Board Certified in Foot Surgery, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery– 2009
- Wound Care Clinician, Wellstar Cobb Hospital
Hospital and Surgery Center Affiliations
- Wellstar Cobb Hospital
- Ambulatory Foot & Leg Surgery Center
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- American Podiatric Medical Association
- Georgia Podiatric Medical Association