Reconstructive and pediatric surgery
Dr. Gonzalez received his Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Texas at El Paso in 2008 and then obtained his Doctorate at Kent State University in May 2014, graduating on the Dean’s list with a KSUCPM Mint Scholarship. He completed his surgical residency in Ankle and Foot at Dekalb Medical Center in June 2017.
Dr. Gonzalez is fluent in Spanish and English. He has volunteered at many races including the Peachtree Road Race and the Susan G Komen Race for which he provided tapings and debrided calluses for runners. He is very active in mission work as well. His hobbies also include Tennis, Soccer, Golf, Drumming, Traveling, Music, and Films.
- Fidalgo Island Rotary Club Orthopedic Surgical Mission “Jornada”- Volunteered for a humanitarian surgical team in partnership with Hospital Obras Sociales de Monsignor Gregorio in San Lucas Tolimán, Guatemala. Performed reconstructive foot and ankle surgical procedures on mostly children in the community.
- Centro Clinico Quirurgico Taller de Técnicas Quirúrgicas y Disección del Pie– Instructed in a cadaver course on foot dissection and surgical techniques to fellow podiatrists in Vigo, Spain.
- Kent State University College of Podiatric Medicine Tutor– Conducted weekly reviews for students in Gross Anatomy, Lower Anatomy, and Microbiology. Mock Lab Exam Proctor- Assisted in identifying anatomic structures for mock Lower and Gross Anatomy examinations.
- KSUCPM Dean’s List Fall
- KSUCPM Mint Scholarship
- Podiatry Institute
- American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons (ACFAS)
- Georgia Board of Podiatry Medical License